Today’s guest blog post is from Davis J Martin.
As a business owner, you want your website to be up and running; but you may not have considered using a 3rd party monitoring service. If that’s you, keep reading. I know, it’s difficult to keep an eye on our website 24×7, 365 days a year.
You may need someone to keep a consistent watch on the uptime of your website. Hiring a monitoring service company will help you track your website’s performance like speed, availability (24/7), functionality, response time and performance.
If there is any downtime issue found in your website, the monitoring service will immediately send you SMS, email or RSS feed. Based on the reports sent, you can find the root cause of the issue and can fix it as soon as possible as to avoid any serious damage to your online reputation.
Here are five reasons why you should consider hiring a monitoring services to monitor your business website.
- Retains customers: When customers are not able to access your site, they leave your site and move to your competitor’s site. But if your site is continuously monitored, you will know the moment your site goes down and you can fix it immediately. In this way, you are likely to retain customers and keep them coming back to your site.
- Good traffic: When your site is up and running, it helps your visitors to stay on your site and find the information they are looking for. The information can be related to either research or purchase of your products/services. The availability (or the uptime) is one of the main reasons for your website to get good traffic.
- Prevents revenue loss: Every minute of website downtime equates to loss of customers/profits. A website monitoring service will immediately notify you about the downtime through SMS or email, so that you can fix the problem as quickly as possible. Fixing the problem immediately will not only help you save time and money, but can significantly increase profits as well.
- Improves search engine ranking: If your website is down for a long time and you are not aware of the issue (as said earlier, it is not possible to keep an eye on a website 24×7, 365 days a year), then search engine crawlers may de-index your site from search engine results. But if your site was monitored by a web monitoring service, then you wouldn’t have faced this issue, because the monitoring service will alert you immediately when your site is down and you can resolve the problem quickly. By keeping your website up, you are likely to improve your website’s search engine ranking.
- Cost effective: If you think hiring a website monitoring services is expensive, you are mistaken, because they are not very expensive. However, the benefits are great. To cite a real example, in just a matter of few minutes, amazon.com lost million dollars of revenue, because the site was down.
Website monitoring services keep monitoring your business website and let you know the moment the site goes down. It will also show up your website’s status, whether it is up or down. It helps your business stay ahead in today’s online world.
Davis J Martin is an experienced technical consultant interested in content writing. With his expertise in the field, he has been writing informative articles on a variety of topics related to websites and monitoring. He is employed by Alertra, a leading provider of website monitoring and alerting services. Alertra offers website monitoring services to all sizes of businesses right from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.